Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is that 'Whatsit' - Chinese Rice Grain Scoop


Well folks, you correctly guessed the answer to this one! This is an old Chinese rice/grain scoop which I purchased some years ago. I thought it was an interesting little wooden piece which caught my eye in an antique store in the town of Sidney. I have been unable to locate its history but I thought it would make a nice addition to our Relics and Tales.

I happened to come across a listing of Chinese inventions through Wikipedia which I will paste here - quite interesting. We can all be thankful for quite a few of their inventions which I am sure have influenced us all in some manner. Click here - Chinese Inventions - to see the Wikipedia info.

What will the next 'Whatsit" be....?

Thank you for viewing and participating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...