Sunday, April 18, 2010

"What is that Whatsit" - Railway Car Mover

Image borrowed from Advance Car Mover Co.

A Railway Car Mover

Thank you very much to those who cast their votes for this unusual item. This 'whatsit' is a lever to move a railway car. It lies on the railway track where a long pole fits into the open end which then acts as a lever. The other end presses on the wheel which then moves the railway car.


Canarybird said...

Michelle that is incredible! You mean one man can move a whole railway car just by using that lever? I will have to look that up and read more about it. Hugs.

joey said...

I love your site, Michelle! What a wonderful way to preserve memories. Thanks for visiting so that I could find you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...